Monday, March 12, 2012

what season is it?!

Since this winter was so mild, we had not been able to play in the snow like previous years. I was pretty bummed that Ari hadn't worn his snow gear at all and been able to make a snowman. All he wanted to do was make footprints in the snow.


But lo and behold it snowed just enough to build this awesome guy.


Ok so it might not be the biggest snowman, but he was there and lasted a whole two hours!


He didn't even show up in this picture!


So much for the snow, but at least I can say we got to enjoy it even if it was for a brief moment. A few days later it was so nice we didn't need jackets outside.


We were even able to get out his kite and fly it for a long while. It was so windy it took little effort to get it up in the air. This little taste of nice weather has got me pumped for spring and summer. Most people think I'm crazy, but I LOVE scorching hot weather. Hopefully it will come sooner than later. I think Ari is ready too because he has been asking to get his pool out.

2 comments:

Anna said...

We too were sad we didn't get to have Abel out in the snow this year (as this was really his 1st winter to enjoy it). Every time we get into the car and the weather is nice, both boys beg for the pool! Looking forward to the warmer days ahead!

Extraordinary Ordinary Life said...

Makenna asks me 10 times a day if it is summer yet and if we can get the pool out. I am so tired of explaining the seasons to her.