Thursday, November 14, 2013

the everyday or not

Ok so going to a birthday party at a trampoline place is not our everyday, it was a first! But Ari had a blast going with daddy while us girls stayed home.


It was better for me to stay home because I would have been gasping at every little jump he made. Things like this makes my hair turn gray and stresses me out for fear my baby will get hurt. The hardest part about being a momma is learning how to let go and not be a control freak about everything. I need to let go more and let them explore and have fun.


So glad daddy brought him home in one piece. :)


Kids do the silliest things. I'm not sure why she fastened this blanket as a makeshift scarf but it brought many laughs.


There are days when they bicker over every little thing. Then there are days when they are BFF's and I don't hear a word out of them for hours because they are absorbed in their own make-believe worlds together. I love to hear their voices from the other room call to one another to come play. It's music to my ears.


And in an attempt to get a picture of sibling love I get this: one giving bunny ears and one doing a "scary" face.


I suppose this isn't the everyday either. I would have even MORE gray hairs. But let's just say I wasn't in charge then :)


Once again, nobody was broken and the kids have FUN.


Ari looks forward to any opportunity to take care of Selah. He is always ready to hold her, asking to pick her up, feed her, make her laugh, whatever. He just LOVES her. Don't get me wrong, he loves Evangeline too. Just in different ways. 


His idea for a selfie, not mine.


Ari came downstairs from tucking Evangeline in to her bed for a nap (trust me when I say he offers!) exclaiming "Mom! I know what I want to be when I grow up! I don't want to be a cowboy anymore, I want to be a babysitter!!" Oh this boy melts my heart. Then he said, "So then I could stay and watch them while you go out!" It's not everyday that your 5 year old boy would offer to do that AND be completely serious about it. I love him to pieces.


1 comment:

Lindsey said...

I took similar couch in pieces pictures that I was going to post soon! Who needs expensive toys when you can take apart the couch?! I'm curious to know where the trampoline place is...although I'm sure I'd have the same fears.