Wednesday, August 26, 2015

1st Grade

I'm still somewhat in disbelief that my baby is in first grade! When did he get so big, so mature, and so confident?


Sending him off to school has been an adjustment for all of us. We are three weeks in and my emotions are finally under control when I drop him at the door and I watch him walk in the building with his head held high, wearing his over-sized backpack. Well, most of the time anyway:) He absolutely loves it and that makes it a little easier on me.


The girls and I are finding our new "normal". It's really quiet when he is away, like too quiet. It's been almost 7 years since our house has been this quiet. Evangeline doesn't have her best friend to play with and she will even ask "What do you think Ari is doing right now?"

Selah and Evangeline are starting to figure out how to play well together. Selah has always been by my side while the other two go off and play, but I think the girls have figured out they only have each other for most of the day so they better make the most of it. Every day is a little better. Evangeline helps out a lot more and has taken on some more chores and responsibility. 


I'm still getting used to our life revolving around school: waking kids up in the morning, dropping him off, picking him up, getting homework done, then getting to bed on time. Phew! There's not enough time in the day to get all the things done I need to, but we are figuring out this new routine. I'm just happy that he has transitioned well. 

No comments: