Tuesday, November 17, 2015

8 months {Lincoln}

Well time isn't slowing down around here and before I know it this kid has another month under his belt.

He is the happiest little guy and we all enjoy his giant smile. I would say he is pretty laid-back (except when it comes to sleeping).


The big kids give him so much attention - I love to see how they interact with him which includes bringing him toys, randomly running up and kissing him, playing peek-a-boo when he is in the exersaucer, and always volunteering to feed him.



His doctor had him come back in at 8 months to check on weight. He still dropped down in the scale (from 5% to 4%) so he recommended one feeding a day be supplemented with formula or pediasure. We are also increasing solids to a degree to see if that helps as well.


And as far as sleep goes...he still wakes up at night. He will have a few terrible nights then a run of "better" nights. AJ and I have a running joke on what great infomercials we saw in the middle of the night :) I haven't had to watch many lately so I think we are making progress.

But with this little face I can hardly be upset that I don't get solid sleep. :) We are seeing more and more personality each day. He loves to wave. And sometimes will just keep waving and waving when someone is talking to him. He has also started grunting, which I've noticed when he is off playing in the exersaucer and decides he wants some attention.


He is interested in rolling back and forth to reach certain things on the floor, but hasn't showed any signs of crawling yet. He hasn't mastered sitting up on his own either (see photo above) so we are working on strengthening his core. 


You'd think after three other ones we would have night times, feedings, and growth progress all figured out by now :) But I guess that is the beauty of parenting. I'm so thankful to have this joyful little babe.

No comments: