Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Another New Year

Happy late New Year!


It's amazing how fast time goes by. It seems like yesterday I was still in college. They say once you have kids it goes even faster. I can imagine!

2008 was a great year. There were a lot of firsts for us: first year in our house, first wedding anniversary, first child. Those are the major ones anyway. 2009 will also be great, but no major changes foreseen.

I have not made any resolutions, as I don't believe they are necessary. I believe in setting personal goals for yourself, but I think that should happen on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis. I do suppose that some people feel that a new year gives them a fresh start. I can respect that.

Here are a few things on my goal list:
Try new recipes
Eat out less
Only buy necessary things
Keep up with my quiet time
Be encouraging to others
Spend time getting to know people better
Sit with different people each week at church (this was AJ's idea and I like it!--so look out people)
Work out regularly (anyone care to join?)

So the list is always a work in progress and there are others to name but I'll spare you.

Instead, here are some pictures from the last few weeks.


This hat was supposed to be a santa hat, but for some reason it just made him look like the Pope! He didn't like it too much and I don't blame him!


4 comments:

The Kelly's said...

Angel, I was showing my mom your blog the other day. She wanted to make sure I told you how much she thought Ari looked like you. As soon as she saw his picture she said "that's Angel"! He's a cutie. I'm glad you're doing well.

Extraordinary Ordinary Life said...

Yes I need to work out regularly. I have an elliptical if you are interested. It is a great idea to sit with others at church I try to do that. Mostly I am forced to because I come in late - ha.

Lindsey said...

The "pope" picture cracked me up! Okay...brainstorming here...what if a group of us met to do workout dvds? Two or three of the moms could watch the kids while the others worked out, and then we could flip flop. Perhaps we could use the kids worship room at church?? Or, maybe we could workout with our little ones in the same room, but that probably wouldn't be as intense of a workout with the interruptions. Or...maybe we could take our strollers to the mall for some race walking. I'd definitely be interested in doing something other than sit here and write and read blogs! :):)

Amy's Anecdotes said...

I too am very interested in working out! Lets talk about this Angel and Lindsey.