Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Weekend Festivities

Ari went to his first Pacer's game Friday night. AJ's bank has a suite and his boss invited us to join him and some clients. It was great. Talk about getting spoiled for free! Dinner, snacks, and dessert was provided. Dinner was fantastic because they had hot dogs! (For those of you who don't know, I have a love for hot dogs.) AJ told me that when it was time for dessert, it will feel like we are straight out of a Harry Potter movie. And he was right! The servers come around with a cart load of desserts, just for your choosing. Multiple different cakes, jelly beans, gummy bears, cookies, brownies, you name it. Too many to choose from, but since they had chocolate I had to try. (I have a rule of thumb that if it isn't ice cream or something chocolaty, then it isn't worth the calories!) I'm very picky about my desserts because they have to be worth it. The night ended with a close win by the Pacers. Ari loved it but could only stand to party until he couldn't keep his eyes open any longer. 


Saturday night we went up to Fishers to visit with some friends from Butler. Even though Laura and Shawn have lots of furniture in their big house, everyone decided to crash on the floor. It was so much fun just to catch up on everyone's lives. The majority of them are finishing up their last semester in Pharmacy school so I don't see much of them. After graduation in May, most of them will not live in Indy anymore. So sad. :( I guess that will make for some nice road trips though.


Here is Laura and Shawn with Ari. They are the only other couple that is married from my group of friends at Butler. (So far, anyway. There are some engaged right now.) Hopefully Ari will have a little friend to play with soon!

Sunday was nice and relaxing because AJ didn't have to go to work on Monday. Thank you MLK. We ran some errands and finished putting up the blinds in our house. I am so glad that task is done! Now we can't have any peeping toms. (Not to mention any names, JW)!


2 comments:

Justin said...

WHAT!!!!!!!!!?????? I resemble that remark!!!!

Heidi Stone said...

I'm pretty sure this is the second time in the past few months that someone has used the word "resemble" when they really mean "resent" in a blog comment. It always cracks me up because the two words are absolutely nowhere near the same. Tell JW to quit peeping!