Wednesday, June 8, 2011

a nightmare

I have this thing about fair cups. I use one every day because it is convenient to carry lots of water in, it has a lid and straw, and it is much larger than our other cups. This cup goes with me everywhere (except church): the store, friends houses, it goes on walks, and is even used at night so I have something to drink during these late night feedings.

Anyways, this afternoon I grabbed it off our bed, took a swig and instantly realized there was something else in my mouth other than water. I spit it out all over our carpet and looked down to find out what it was. It was a SPIDER! Not just any spider...a live one...one that was scurrying away as I tried not to scream, gag, and drop the baby all at the same time.

I wish I could say this was just a nightmare but I can't. My obsession with using this cup might have to end since drinking out of a straw will be out of the question for a while. I might be scarred for life. Oh yeah, and I'm still gagging.

5 comments:

Cristi Jo said...

I gagged when I read that! Good job on not dropping the baby... or throwing up on the baby!

Alice said...

Yuk!

Extraordinary Ordinary Life said...

Ack!!!!!!!!!

Heidi Stone said...

I too gagged when reading it! Just get a straw with a cap. Problem solved. :)

Sarah said...

oh you poor thing. That is truly a nightmare! Yikes!!!!