Sunday, October 30, 2011

my baby is 3

According to Ari, he is "free" now. He has been anticipating this day for the past 4 months. The only thing he wanted for his birthday was a goodie bag with chocolate in it. How precious is that?

His love for his sister has grown leaps and bounds. He looks forward to playing with her and dances around to get her to belly laugh.


These next few pictures really sum him up. He is all about having fun.


Whenever I get the camera out he asks me to take pictures of him doing silly things.


I really can't resist, especially when he pretends to be a lion using the boppy pillow.


These faces never get old. I just hope he doesn't get stuck like that. :)


He loves his friends and talks about them all the time.


We lit all the candles three different times for him to blow out. Mostly because people were trying to take pictures, but hey he really enjoyed it.


(I know you're jealous of my mad owl drawing skills.)


He has a great memory and surprises me when he talks about things that happened 6 months ago. He has a large puzzle of the United States and puts it together every day. He knows where they are all located and the majority of their names. He can write his name and write all the letters of the alphabet. Some days the only questions he asks me is how to spell different words. 


He has 6 Bible verses memorized. He uses a funnel as his microphone and will stand on our couch proclaiming "Jesus Christ died on the cross for our sins." He insists on praying for every meal and corrects us if we say "amen" instead of "in Jesus' name, amen." Our prayer for him is that he continues to learn about what Jesus did for us and that he comes to know the Lord at a young age. I hope that he stays bold about preaching the gospel and continues to want to study God's Word.

1 comment:

Erin H said...

I love my nephew and am so proud of him! It was great seeing you all this weekend. Can;t wait for Pokagon! :)