Wednesday, June 13, 2012

days in June

It has been pretty uneventful so far this month. We have enjoyed the warm weather and have been spending lots of time out in the pool, sprinkler, and slip n slide.


I was surprised at how fast Ari picked up on it. I was glad to get him in action!


We attempted to camp in the backyard again and I can officially say it was a success! Besides the fact that Ari was ready to get up at 6am and I woke up several times throughout the night froze, it was really fun. Maybe some day we will attempt to camp somewhere less "convenient". Maybe.


We had an impromptu get together with my siblings. The kids didn't want to sit still for a picture, so I settled for a silly action photo. They are a pair.


My nephew is getting so big these days. I love all the smiles!


Evangeline has decided she likes to use the spoon herself. I am happy to oblige since she is willing to let me put the food on it for her and let her do the rest.


We spent three evenings in a row at our friends house because they had a bounce house for their son's birthday. Those things make me REALLY nervous but the kids played well and there were no injuries. Ari still has all his teeth and my hair doesn't seem to be sporting any gray from it. At least I don't think. But please, don't ruin the surprise if you see any.


AJ has joined an ultimate frisbee league this summer at a local church. He has only had one game so far but it was so late in the evening we played at the park until it started then I had to leave to get the kids to bed. Some of the games will be played earlier so hopefully we will successfully get to watch one. (My standard for success is set really low right now since Ari thinks he is going to be playing with them. Not to mention a particular little girl is getting around really well by walking. She might not be interested in sitting still for that long.)


Ari usually makes a new friend every time we go to the park. He is not shy and likes to talk to strangers ALL the time. We will be in the grocery store or on a walk and will randomly start telling people what he has been up to. He still loves to entertain people and will do anything to make us laugh.


Evangeline is still laid back but has shown us this past month that she is getting more comfortable around people she doesn't know. We had a garage sale a few weekends ago and she held her arms out for a stranger. The lady held her and when she gave her back Evangeline started crying and wanted the lady to keep holding her. We were starting to wonder if this was our child! She is walking all over the place but after a while she will come find me and want me to hold her. I love that she still wants to be cuddled.

1 comment:

Extraordinary Ordinary Life said...

I do wonder where Ari gets his outgoing personality???