Friday, June 8, 2012

Ari's room

Even though I haven't kept up on here, we have slowly but surely made some progress on this list of things to accomplish. I think we are half-way done with the list. Here is a glimpse of Ari's room that we finished months ago.


The art hanging by the bed is from Hobby Lobby. The bedding is from Target and I love it because it is reversible. The blanket has stars on the other side (like the pillow shown). But the coolest part is the sheet. I didn't take a picture but half the sheet is green (you can see a little at the end of the bed) and the other half is blue (like the curtain). So when you pull the blanket down you only see one color, because the other color is at the other end of the bed.


I really only wanted a valance in his room but couldn't find anything to match the bedding, except the curtains that only came as curtains. Since I could only purchase these items online I decided to go ahead and get the curtains because I could always take them back later. After looking at them I decided it wasn't worth $50 for curtains that I didn't want anyway, so I took one curtain back (having spent $24 for one curtain) and planned on using the other curtain to make in to a valance. Well it just so happened that my friend was at the Target I returned the curtain to and saw they had marked it on clearance for only $6 since it was an online item. I couldn't believe it! So we ended up with two curtains and saved me the time of sewing one in to a valance.


We had the white letters since he was born and they had been painted several times, so we painted them back white. I wanted a way to display some of his art so while we were at Hobby Lobby we picked up some items to make it. The black and grey wood attached to the wall was originally just wood color so we painted that. The guitars were already assembled and painted so we just attached those to the wood with a small barrel spool and wrapped the twine around each one. Now all we have to do is use the mini clothesline clips to attach his things.


I'm not that big in to posters but I really liked this one for Ari. Hopefully you enjoyed getting a glimpse of his room. I am not creative (which is why it took like a year to do!) so this was a huge accomplishment for me. 

2 comments:

Anna said...

His room looks AWESOME!!!! Great Job!

Extraordinary Ordinary Life said...

It is really cute. That friend you have that found that curtain is pretty awesome (Lol). You know my kids love Ari's room too. I love the colors and the guitar!