Tuesday, May 29, 2012

end of May staycation

This weekend felt like we were on vacation. We had no "responsibilities", AJ didn't have to work, and all we had scheduled was fun. It felt like the weekend started on Thursday and since AJ had Monday off it seemed extra long.


Ari was so excited to pick cherries at our neighbors and make some jam. I am getting excited for all the canning I plan to do this summer and fall. Last year I didn't do much of it because our budget was really tight. So hopefully I will be able to stock up this year.


I wanted to have a birthday breakfast with AJ at Patachou so we waited to do that until Monday morning. So after picking cherries we went out to get some frozen yogurt. It was a simple but perfect ending to my birthday.


My mom saved several dresses of mine from when I was a baby so I have been putting them on Evangeline. The purple one above looks like something in style right now, but the yellow one below is more like the styles from back then. This will sound silly to you, but these dresses remind me of the country. She looks like she should be running through an open field barefoot. Maybe one day we will have land and will get to do that.


Friday night we attempted to camp in our backyard. I have only been tent camping twice (long, long ago), but it is something that I think would be really fun to do regularly that would be inexpensive. We borrowed a big tent from some friends (and we figured how to set it up the first time!)


But our camping experience was very short lived. By the time 11pm rolled around we decided it was best to go sleep inside since Ari was still awake. Well, all of us were still awake. We picked a very active night to try this as our neighbors were swimming in their pool, some we setting off fireworks, and some were still celebrating high school graduation. Hopefully next time we will make it through the night.


Saturday we went to Lake Monroe and enjoyed the really nice weather. I know, some people don't like it in the 90's but that is my favorite type of weather. I love it hot!


Sunday night we enjoyed hanging out with lots of friends. Ari had a fun time wrestling with his friend and wearing different costumes. I enjoyed just sitting and loving on all of my friends babies.


Then Monday AJ and I went to Patachou for breakfast then hit up some Goodwills. After naps we played in the baby pool then went to the park. This time we remembered to bring his boots so he could get in the creek.


After all the things we had to do this month, it was nice to end it with a mini vacation.

No comments: