Thursday, May 3, 2012

happy birthday baby girl

How is it possible that a year has gone by since the first time we met face to face? Instead of swaddling her now, I get to walk around with her as she holds my finger. Instead of waking in the middle of the night, I get to sleep until 7 (on a good day). Instead of carrying her everywhere, I get to follow her everywhere. Instead of feeding her by spoon or bottle, I get to watch her feed herself. Instead of listening to coos, I get to hear her say mama, dada, and "dat" (as she points to things). My baby is growing up. But thankfully she is still very attached to mommy and daddy. I will cherish every moment that she wants to cling to me...because I know it won't last forever.


1 week- dark hair, but not for long!

1 month- has her brothers cheeks and nose

2 months- already smiling for her brother

3 months- has a serious side as well


4 months- always something in the mouth


5 months- cheesin' for the camera, although she was probably laughing at Ari instead

6 months- can't get enough lovin' from her family


7 months- ready to roll

8 months- feeling like a big girl

9 months- ready to go!

10 months- thinks glasses and hats are hilarious

11 months- as sweet as can be

12 months- loving on her brother

Enjoying her first birthday treat- whipped cream! She actually preferred playing in it rather than eating it.

Happy Birthday my sweet baby girl. You do the silliest things to make us laugh. You might be shy out in public but at home you are nonstop entertainment. Your brother loves you so much he tries to make you laugh when you are crying. He shares his toys and likes to hold you on his lap. But that doesn't last for long because you are always on the move. You never took up crawling but you cruise along anything you can reach. You reach for me, but not for me to hold you. You want my fingers so we can walk all over the house. Your first tooth just broke through but it never seemed to bother you. Sleepless nights are in the past (and we are so thankful!). You are a cuddler and even more so when you have your blanket. We love you so much and are thankful for every moment with you.

1 comment:

Extraordinary Ordinary Life said...

What a wonderful blessing she is. I love that little girl. She is so precious.