Saturday, April 28, 2012

the rest of April

The rest of April has been pretty laid back. May is always packed full of stuff and this one will be no different.  I am going to enjoy this last restful (restful as in I need to plant my garden---agh!) weekend before we have a month of craziness. Don't get me wrong, it's a good crazy. But it just makes me tired thinking about it already.


We finally managed to take a trip to the zoo this year. The animals were more active than I'd ever seen.


We like to see how much Ari has grown from last year. I guess that means I will have to dig out my pictures from last year and compare.


We were looking at another exhibit and were interrupted by the lions roaring. I grabbed Ari's hand and we ran as fast as we could to see them.


Evangeline just sat back and enjoyed the ride. Along with her animal crackers. It looks like they took a ride on her face for a while. Does it seem weird to anyone else that I was feeding my children animal crackers at the zoo? Ok, don't answer that.


I don't know why but Ari wanted his picture taken in front of this rock.


I have started watching my niece and nephew again. Yay! Evangeline just loves to see other babies. Both of my kids like to get him rocking in his pumpkin seat.


Ari has so much fun with Lynlee around. Even when she's not here, he is always talking about her or wanting to save his leftover food for the next time she comes. (I think that's his way of sharing.) He has become quite the helper when I have two babies to feed at once. Ari has been asking to feed Evangeline a bottle and he got his chance. (Trust me when I say that wasn't my first option when I had two crying babies, but it had to do.) Ari is so sweet when Evangeline is crying. He does everything he can to make her laugh. He will dance around and make silly faces. He loves to entertain people which works out well because his little sister gets a kick out of it. Well, and so do I.


We ended up making our Resurrection Rolls a little late. Don't worry, the one that was manhandled by Ari and placed on his nose was eaten by him.


He did a great job helping me put them together and was waiting in anticipation to see if the marshmallow was going to escape somehow.


Evangeline is really coming out of her shell. Ok, maybe she only comes out of her shell at home but at least we get to enjoy all of her silliness. 


She is a really good eater and will eat practically anything we put on her tray. I can even add dirt to the list. Ok so I didn't put that on her tray but she was "helping" me with the garden. Somehow she managed to get it up her nose and I was still finding dirt coming out her nose the next day. Gross, yes. Memorable, yes.


I don't think it's possible to go to the park too many times. If the weather permitted we would probably go every day (and never get anything accomplished).



On days we can't make it to the park, we come up with ways to have lots of fun inside. Our newest thing was a big hit with Ari. He holds on to a rope (or a sash from my robe) and gets dragged back and forth across the floor. I highly recommend this to all parents with toddlers. But beware, they will never want to stop.


No comments: