Thursday, April 26, 2012

To Uganda and Beyond!

Many of you know that AJ will be headed to Uganda this summer to serve our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for two weeks.  This is an exciting opportunity for our family as God continues to draw us closer to Him as we acknowledge Him in all of our ways and allow Him to direct our paths.  Please pray for our family that God will use us in HUGE ways for His kingdom!

Please read AJ's support letter below and should you have any questions, our door is ALWAYS open!

Dear Friends,


Ephesians 6:19
"Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel."

I love Jesus! Brothers and sisters, there is nothing more important than sharing the Gospel with as many people as we can with the time we have left on Earth. James 4:14-15 tells us that Life is short! Many of you have heard me say that since each of us is not guaranteed an extra breath, we must make the most of them starting RIGHT NOW. After much prayer, conversation and encouragement from my wife, and counsel from other brothers and sisters, I will be headed to Uganda July 14th-29th. My home church, Grace Evangelical, is sending out a group of ten young adults to work alongside Ugandan missionaries John and Lisa Mayo to “let our lights shine before men, that they may see our good deeds and praise our Father in heaven (Matthew 5:16).

For an overview of WGM ministry in Uganda visit http://www.wgm.org/ and type in the search box “Uganda” or search for the YouTube video titled: Uganda - Buvuma Island - Men with Vision 2009 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oqs2qfN-7sU).

As believers, we have been called to take part in missions, whether it’s by prayer, financial support, or going when the opportunity presents itself. For me, the opportunity has arrived and I need your help to get there. How can you partner with me? First and foremost, I ask for your prayer for opportunities to witness. Ask God to save souls as a result of this trip to Uganda. This will be a blessing to me, my family, to you, and to God Himself. Also, please pray for health and safety as the living conditions and medical care in Uganda are much different than the United States. The last prayer request is for funding. Please pray that our group will have all the money we need to make this trip a success.

My trip expenses come to a total of $4,500 which is due by May 14th. This is my first time raising support for a missions trip and I truly believe God will use people like you to fully fund this trip. Most importantly, I believe God will provide the partnerships in prayer which will prove to be priceless in the coming months as I continue to be faithful to God and diligently prepare my heart to share the Gospel with everyone I meet not only in Uganda, but here as well. Would you like to join me in this ministry? I assure you that even the smallest amount when given to God will multiply and allow His servants to bear much fruit. Is the number $5, $10, $25, or more? I have no idea, but I do know that God has entrusted each of us certain treasures to be used for His purpose when the opportunity arises. For me, the opportunity has arrived and I need your help to get there.

Thank you for taking the time to read this letter and prayerfully consider how God is prompting you to respond. If you have any questions or if you know someone who you believe I should contact regarding missions support, please contact me any time. I would love the opportunity to tell you more about this trip and how God is working in my life!

To Uganda and Beyond,
AJ Hillebrand

Please make checks out to World Gospel Mission and do not put my name anywhere on the check however you may make a note of Account # 51714 inside the envelope. Checks should be sent to World Gospel Mission, P. O. Box 948, Marion, IN, 46952.

No comments: