Wednesday, April 11, 2012

a birthday and Easter weekend

This past week was full of spending time with family. My mom turned 50 so that was reason enough to celebrate. I did a lousy job with taking pictures and only managed to get one with half of her grandchildren and none with her children. Sorry mom! Happy birthday anyway!


Easter is probably one of my favorite holidays. It's a great reminder the work that Christ did on the cross so that those who believe in Him can spend eternity with him. It's not about gifts that people over-spend their money on. It's about one gift. And it's free!! 

"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 6:23

"For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive by the Spirit." 1 Peter 3:18


This year was really fun with Ari.   He did excellent at dying eggs and he even helped making "bird nest" dessert.


Saturday was the egg hunt at church after the Gospel presentation. He sang some songs with other preschoolers and then said John 3:16. "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting life."



Then we spent that evening with AJ's family. Again, I slacked on the picture taking.


Sunday was no better with the pictures.  I didn't get a family picture or one of the kids. I think I'll redress us up and take one some other time. That will just have to do.


I did manage to capture Ari and Lynlee playing in the rocks and my brother napping with his son. 


I guess that sums up our Easter more than pastel-colored clothing and a family portrait. Our Easter was filled to the brim with family activities (or non-activities if you were caught sleeping.) Either way, it was a memorable weekend of reflecting with loved ones the work that Jesus did on the cross. And more importantly that He rose again.

No comments: