Wednesday, May 23, 2012

one thing after another

This weekend was packed full of events. We were only home long enough to catch our breath before going on to the next thing. Don't get me wrong, it was a lot of fun. Just exhausting.


Saturday we celebrated my friend Shannon's wedding. It was fun to see all of my friends from college, since several of them live out of state. Times like this are bitter sweet because it reminds me of my past that I wish I had done differently. College was fun but I lived my life to please me, instead of God. It took me a long time to really understand the sacrifice He made for me when he died on the cross. 

2 Corinthians 5:15 "And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again."

I said I understood, but I didn't live like it. I said I loved Him. But I didn't obey Him.

John 14:21 "Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him."

I am so thankful for God's grace and mercy, that I have a chance right now to live for Him. I want to teach that to my children so when they get older they will be strong in their faith.

Deuteronomy 6:6-8 "These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the door frames of your houses and on your gates."


Every year my cousin has a cookout just for the "cousins" and their families. 


Last year I got a pretty good picture of the kids but this year was a little more challenging. Most of the time they were running around the yard so this was the only time they were somewhat still. The boys were not interested in smiling for the camera.


Evangeline was busy trying to make a new friend the whole time. For some reason she really dislikes dogs. She started out yelling and growling at him. But this one was determined to show her that dogs can be friendly and gentle. (Even if he does weigh over 100 lbs!) And by the end of the day she was happy with him.


I am thankful to be able to spend so much time with my husband and kids. As much as I try to teach my kids, they are just as much teaching me new things each day. (Patience being a constant one and a daily reminder of God's patience with us.) 

No comments: