Sunday, June 2, 2013

3 months {selah}

Selah still continues to have such a calm, sweet spirit. She is still sleeping great at night, somewhere between 9-12 hours and is a great eater. The only adjustment we've had to make with her is that she spits up. The other two never spit up after feedings but she does it a lot. I will use that term loosely because I know it could be a lot worse, but it just seems like a lot compared to our other kids. It doesn't seem to bother her and it doesn't ever effect her eating schedule so we are good. I guess we'll have to wait and see if she grows out of it or if it's something she will just do.


AJ is the best daddy. He is so intentional with the time he has with the kids. It looks like we will have another daddy's girl.


This next picture makes me laugh. I had to set Selah down to grab her a new outfit and realized she was laying next to this doll. I had to do a double-take. The doll was mine from when I was a little girl (probably 3 or 4) and used to drag it around by its arm because it was so large compared to me and nearly impossible to carry properly. It was always referred to as "big baby" since it was an abnormally large doll. Now Evangeline has it and gets frustrated playing with it because of its size. 


Of course I had to try and get an official 3 month picture in her pretty dress, but she wasn't having it.


I think she was begging me "Please mom, enough with the pictures!" I don't blame her.


Ari and Evangeline continue to love on her. Ari loves to entertain her and will come running over just to see her smile. He pays special attention to what she is doing and takes every opportunity to stop and talk to her.


One day Evangeline dragged a chair from the other room all the way in to the kitchen. I stood back and watched carefully to see what she was up to (because she normally gets a chair if she is going to get in to something.)  :)


But then she parked it right in front of Selah and started gently bouncing her with her foot. My heart melted. She kept watch of Selah for quite a while a really enjoyed just watching her sleep. Evangeline is such a little mama. 


We can hardly remember what life was like before Selah came along. She is so special to us and brings us so much joy.


2 comments:

Erin H said...

Wow! I had to do a double take because Selah really resembles Owen when he was tiny. Sandy even said there is definitely a strong Hillebrand gene!

Extraordinary Ordinary Life said...

I can't believe she is 3 months already.