Thursday, September 12, 2013

it's official...she's no longer an addict

We finally broke this one of her paci. I really hate to admit that she has had it this long. But then again I was willing to do almost anything to get some sleep at night. My selfishness created an addict and we were enjoying peace on Earth. But the addiction was getting ridiculous and I just couldn't take it anymore. It was a LONG first night, but totally worth it. There was no turning back after that. Every night got better and better and now that we are weeks past she doesn't even mention it anymore. Does anyone else hear a choir of angels singing?! Now that she doesn't have her paci, doesn't sleepwalk or fall asleep in random places, and doesn't demand her yellow blanket be the only thing touching her at night...I think we have a quasi-normal sleeper. And again, I hear the angels!


She still enjoys having several purses crammed full of stuff, thrives off of painted nails, dresses and bows, and loves to wear my dressier shoes around the house. About 90% of the time she is wearing a princess skirt. She spends most of her time requesting that books be read to her and the rest of her time wanting to "tell me sumptin'" 



We've been having fun with the cousins lately.


This is what the kids do for most of the day...run circles around the house while someone on the couch hides and jumps up to scare them. It. Never. Gets. Old. Unless you're me and gasp at every little shriek they make because you just envision someone slipping or running into each other or falling off the couch. I'd really like to ward off the gray hairs as long as possible.


Thank you Greenwood for putting in a splash park with a playground. It is fabulous.




We enjoyed our time with Owen too. It's hard to believe the next time we see him he will be ONE!


I love trying to get a decent picture...I think I took 8 and this was the best.


Babies lovin' on babies...


going in for the kiss.


And because she melts my heart...I couldn't resist another picture of her.


No comments: