Sunday, December 22, 2013

our Christmas countdown

My sister decided to give us a Christmas present a little early this year. She wanted to make something useful and meaningful for our whole family. In all her creativeness, she was able to use this book to make a countdown to Christmas.


I've heard of a Jesse tree before...but was never inspired enough to come up with one on my own. And being the cheap person that I am...I didn't plan on buying one. But let me tell you that I am SO glad I didn't try to make one because she created something WAY beyond what my little brain would have mustered up.


The book has twenty-five days of devotions and for each day she made an ornament to be hung on the tree. She even packaged it in a fancy little treasure box since it would need to be kept out in order to access an ornament each day. Brilliant!


There are many ways she could have done this but she decided to buy the wood, stain it, FREE-HAND the picture, color it, and tie on a ribbon. Can you see the amazing work she did?!


Seriously...I did not get the creative gene in the family. *sigh* But I suppose I get to be blessed by it!


I told my sister she needed to drop out of nursing school because I was going to start her a business. She didn't exactly want to quit school with only a semester to go...I can't understand why!?


Regardless of the ornaments used for this advent, I was still impressed with the Advent Jesse Tree book. Each day of devotions has one for the kids and one for adults...they are the same set of verses just written a little differently. There are even questions for the kids to answer at the end.  I would highly recommend this book to anyone!

Thanks sister for such a great gift!

No comments: