Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Top Memories from 2013

This year has gone by faster than ever. It seems like Selah was just a newborn but in reality she will be 1 in a few months. She has gone from a baby needing everything, to one who is motivated to do things herself (i.e. crawl, eat food). Evangeline's vocabulary has changed so much this year. We went from a few words to full sentences (and being able to understand them). She continues to stretch us the most as parents, but we can see progress over the long run. Ari has matured so much this year. He loves so deeply it hurts him. He has a heart for caring for little ones, he has willingly sacrificed things for his sisters, and desires to know God more. 

Besides the changes we have seen in our children getting one year older, I am always hopeful to look back at myself and see some change. In conversation with AJ the other day, I told him that if I stay the same person then there is a problem. I don't want to be the same person I am today. I constantly want to be changing in to a person who is more like Christ. If I am the same next year as I am today, then I have not been seeking Him fully. I want to be intentional with my time here on Earth, as a wife, as a mom, and as a part of the body of Christ. I want to be forever changing until the day I am face to face with my Savior.

This year has been full of its challenges, and victories, and heartache, and goodbyes, and hellos, and repentance, and hospitality, and sacrifice, and change. This year I have been learning how to trust in God's timing, how to accept change, and how to let go.

There are so many memories from this year that I thought I'd recap some of my fondest.

~Reading books with AJ after the kids go to bed~
~Ari acknowledging his need for a Savior and giving his life to the Lord~
~Family Vacation in Hilton Head~
~Seeing direct answer to prayer~
~Overcoming the paci addict~
~Randomly finding our sleep-walker~
~Theological discussions with Ari~
~Picnics at the park~
~Hosting some girls from Matsiko World Orphan Choir~
~New friendships with this family~
~Celebrating birthdays: 30, 28, 5, 2, and 0~
~Campfires with the neighbors~
~Tobogganing at Pokagon State Park~
~Teachable moments with our kids~
~Enjoying all the snow~
~Having Devin stay with us a few times~
~Trips to the zoo~
~Becoming a mission-minded family~
~Catching up with friends at Coffeeclub~

I'm not sure what this next year will bring, but I am certain that God will carry us through because of who He is. He is never-changing. His timing is perfect. He is patient. He is long-suffering. He is faithful.

Happy New Year!

No comments: