Tuesday, January 7, 2014

the last of December

The last week of December was jam-packed it was hard to keep up on all of our activities. My niece had her 4th birthday and my kids loaded up on marshmallow fondant.



Ari is nutty as usual and this picture reminds me that I still need to trim his hair. *sigh*


The kids sang at the Christmas Eve service and I caught Ari actually doing the motions. Progress! (Although us parents were giggling at the fact that Ari and Evan probably made a pact with each other not to mumble a single word.) Maybe next year, right?


Christmas Eve was fantastic. We stopped at our friends house for dinner after the service, then they came to our house for a sleepover, parents included! Which translates to us all staying up way past our bedtime, eating lots of sugary goodness, and playing games.


I think we ended up with a whopping 5 hours of sleep, but it was totally worth it.


Christmas morning was full of pj's, the Christmas story, the last ornament for the countdown, coffee, yummy breakfast, friends, thankful hearts, and love. Oh, and goofballs.



These kids seriously love each other to pieces. And I do too.





We made it over to my brothers for lunch. Don't be fooled by the type of weather we had on Christmas Day from the outfit Ari is wearing. He begged and pleaded with us to let him wear shorts and a t-shirt. It doesn't matter how cold it is...all he wears is shorts. So we packed him some shorts to wear inside. Merry Christmas kid.


I'm seeing guitar lessons in the near future. Anyone know how to play? Because I sure don't.


And oh boy did my grandma know how to speak her love language. A knitted princess crown. 


We almost made it through the holidays sick-free, but Ari came down with a fever for a few days over New Year's so we did not partake in many festivities that week. We were thankful that it wasn't another round of strep!

No comments: