Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day Week

The weather has been getting so nice we've been able to play outside half clothed. And when I say "we", I don't mean me. (I'm sure you're relieved to hear that.) The pool has been out but this particular day the kids found an unexpected water puddle in our yard...which soon turned to mud. Our friends were over and I also had my niece and nephew so this made for a super fun time.


The kids couldn't have been more delighted.There was lots of jumping, and splashing, and wallowing, and mud bathing. Everything was turned a nice shade of brown. Which made for lots of wiping kids down, washing clothes, and hoping it all would come out!


AJ and the kids took me to my favorite breakfast place Saturday, Cafe Patachou!


Then we ventured to the zoo.


Here are my little joys that allow us to celebrate Mother's Day. I don't take them for granted. My heart is burdened for women out there who long to have a child, or have lost a child, or have been estranged from their own mother. This day isn't a celebration for everyone. Sometimes it's full of hurt or sadness. I want to make sure I think of others on this day as well.


This little beauty just slays me with her expressions.


They would jump back every time the tiger walked by!


Selah wanted a chance to walk around. The desert area was finally back open and the orangutan exhibit is almost complete. I didn't get a picture but the orangutans were out and walking along their cables high up in the sky. It was incredible!


The kids got a kick out of the sleeping meerkat.


I'm sad to say this is the only picture I got with my kiddos this weekend :( In fact we did lots more than breakfast and the zoo and I didn't get any pictures of our other activities. boo.


Most of Sunday was spent at my sisters graduation. Congratulations sis! AJ held down the fort with the kiddos while I was gone. He's such a great dad. Not only did he have fun with the kids and bathe them, but he even had dinner ready for all 13 of us when we got back! He's super-hubby. And that is really why I get to celebrate Mother's Day. He really makes my "job" so easy. 


And the most heartwarming gift came from Ari. I just love his attention to detail. The other side says "Happy moms day". He thought of that on his own since he didn't know how to spell "mother". *tear*


My family is what makes my job so special. I always knew that I wanted to be a stay-at-home-mom. I am so spoiled I get to have my dream job!

No comments: