Wednesday, April 25, 2018

3! {Lincoln}

It's really strange to be saying that my baby is now 3! These last three years have been a bit of a blur, due to a certain child not sleeping for at least 2/3rds of his lifetime :) And now that I'm getting decent sleep, it's like I woke up and all of a sudden he is no longer a baby but an independent toddler. Yikes!


There is no denying his love for making people laugh. While sorting through pictures, it seemed that most of them were of him hamming it up.


I love this age for many reasons. One of the reasons is that he can communicate all of his thoughts and feelings.  He was very much in to his birthday this year and turning "free".  If you ask him his name, it might vary depending on his mood. For a long while he would answer "Um, Linky".  It always the the "um" attached to it. Then it was "Linky Alan", then "Lincoln", then "Lincoln Alan". I'm thankful that he truly doesn't think his real name is Linky! *phew* Some how none of our other kids managed to have nicknames...bur for some reason that one must have stuck out to him.


This age also allows him to speak up for himself and let us know exactly what he wants. Like this donut and cake pop. 


And apparently he was in the mood to wear a napkin on his head at dinner one night. Got to love it when they haven't become aware of what other people might think.


He likes to ask me to take pictures of him "doin' dis".


"and dis"


This was his first time bowling and he loved it! He was so proud even if his ball managed to miss all the pins (even with bumpers). I guess at three years old, getting to roll a heavy ball down the lane is exciting in and of itself, no matter what the outcome.


"Watch mom!"


He is our messiest child to date. He doesn't hold back much when it comes to food. Of course he went through a picky phase but as of late I've been surprised at his love for raw carrots, peppers, and grape tomatoes. All this time I've been fighting with him to eat cooked veggies at dinner and I think offering him some fresh ones might just be his preference.


He is also to the age where he is aware of what his siblings get to do (and he doesn't). I'm sure he is ready to outgrow this particular part of being three.


He has really been in to costumes lately. Except that he only likes to wear them for about 10 minutes then is ready to change in to another one, then another one, then another one...


Just enough time in between that I can't quite finish any task. :) 


He is crazy about his big sisters and brother. Since he spends all day with Selah , he is very sentimental towards his time with the other two. He asks for hugs and kisses in carpool line before school, then when they hop out and head in to school I can hear him muttering "goodbye Evangeline..." Then when they get home he is ready to wrestle and run and fight his big brother. He is definitely the "rough and tumble" boy of the family. Even though he likes to play rough, he is still so sweet and caring to others. I especially enjoy his bedtime routine which requires me to snuggle him and sing songs. I'm not ready for him to outgrow that special time I have with him!


No comments: