Monday, December 29, 2008

Hamburger Soup

This is for all you mama's out there looking for a new recipe to try.  This is a Hillebrand family recipe that AJ's grandpa came up with (I think anyway). It took me a while to get past the name...but it actually tastes a whole lot better than it sounds! And it only takes about 15 minutes to prepare.

All you need is:

1 lb. of hamburger
1 bag of rice (we use the boil-in-a-bag)
1 lg. can of vegetable soup

While the rice is boiling, crumble the hamburger and cook it. When the meat gets done, add the can of vegetable soup. Then add the rice when it is done. I only leave it cooking altogether until the vegetable soup is able to warm up. Then Ta-da! It's all done! You will notice that it really isn't that soupy. That's how it's supposed to be. But I guess you could always add more soup if you wanted it to be that way.

We like to doctor ours up with crackers, sour cream, and tabasco sauce.

There is always lots of leftovers for us to eat throughout the week. So there is plenty for those of you with multiple children to feed.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Only three ingredients?! Sounds like my kind of recipe! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I can not get past the name, or the thought of all the (3) ingredients together. ON the other hand, J thinks that it sounds good and wants to try it. Fast/Easy is the way to go!!!

Andy and Cari said...

no pictures of this tastey concoction? Oh well, I trust y'all, If the chastains give it a whirl, I will let ya know!