Friday, December 19, 2008

Dished Out

After seven weeks of no work, I decided to come in for a few hours today to cover the phone while the other lady in the office had an appointment to go to. Ari is at home and I miss him so much! AJ says that's what he goes through every day. I can't imagine! It does make me stop and appreciate my husband even more because he works so hard to provide for our family. I feel very blessed to be able to stay at home and provide for our family in other ways. Coming in to work for a few hours has changed my perspective on some things. I used to resent the fact that I am constantly doing dishes. Well, at least three times a day. (Which is a lot considering there is only two of us making these dirty dishes.) But sitting here at work all by myself just waiting for the phone to ring has made me wish I was doing dishes instead! Not that I mind sitting here at work, or that I mind doing the dishes. (I actually like to do dishes because I have my own way of doing them.) It just bothered me at how often I had to do them. Since my husband is willing to support me staying at home, I will stop concerning myself with how often I have to do the dishes and just do them! From now on I will gladly do the dishes as much is needed for the sake of my husband and my home.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I'm sure you did miss your little Ari! What a blessing to have a husband who wants you to stay home and take care of your baby! You are a good mommy! (just wait until you have 4 children...talk about DISHES!)