Monday, July 6, 2009

8 Months


I'm ashamed for my lack of posting. But to be completely honest I have been forgetting to take pictures and I really didn't want to post 8 Months without any pictures. I even spaced taking pictures over this past 4th of July weekend!

Despite my absent mind, we really haven't been up to a whole lot in order to take pictures. We are still without air and will be going on vacation in a week, so mostly getting things done we need to before we head out.

Enough about us though...


Ari is such a little man already. Even though he doesn't walk or even crawl yet, he has so much personality. Definitely takes after his daddy in so many ways! On another note (Heidi)...Ari has had lots of problems the last two weeks with constipation. After six days he finally went this weekend. HOORAY! Never thought I could get so excited about that. It had been so long I thought I would forget how to change a poopy diaper. Ok, so maybe too many details, but I was going out of my mind worrying about his little body.


So far he has had peas, green beans, sweet potatoes, carrots, cereal, pears, peaches, prune juice, and a little bit of a popsicle. He has liked every bit of it too!

He stands very well by himself if he is holding on to something. Still wants nothing to do with crawling. He just cries if we try. However, this past week his motivation to get to things has definitely picked up. Before he would just sit and not care about anything other than the toys in front of him. But now if he sees something else he will try and reach for it, usually ending in falling over and not being able to get back up. But still...he has motives now!

Notice how he has the same expression in every picture. He gets so excited when I pull the camera out - he starts flailing his arms and opens his mouth up really wide. I can hardly get a picture of him doing cute stuff because he stops to pose!

5 comments:

Heidi Stone said...

Ok, even though I know exactly what you meant, this succession of sentences TOTALLY cracked me up!!!!!:

"Definitely takes after his daddy in so many ways! He has had lots of problems the last two weeks with constipation."

Ah ha ha ha ha!!! TMI on AJ there, Angel. T! M! I!

Lol.

The Hillebrands said...

Oh my, Heidi! After I read that I sat here cracking up for 5 minutes. I should probably change that!

Lindsey said...

He is SUCH a doll!!!!! I love his expression! Scott shared Ari's poop problem (or lack there of!) around that age. Perhaps it's the introduction of more foods. Being the paranoid mom that I am, I called the doctor! He reassured me that everything was fine and that he'd go when he needed to go. Like you, I was never so thankful to change his dirty diaper. (Poor Ari & Scott...hopefully they never read this entry!)

GEC CHILDREN'S MINISTRIES said...

He is a little camera poser. When I hold mine up he immediately smiles. Can't wait to see the new mouth open expression. Have fun on vacation and enjoy the air conditioning at the hotel in Destin.

Extraordinary Ordinary Life said...

He is such a doll! I typed that before I read Lindsey's comment. Anyway, do have fun on vacation. I am jealous. I really want to go on vacation, but I wouldn't get sleep then either so it would probably be best to wait to go on a vacation until everyone is sleeping through the night (mainly me). Now I am rambling - okay I am done.