Thursday, July 23, 2009

Fresh Fish, Anyone?

There's nothing fresher than going and catching your own meal!

Charter fishing was AJ's most fun thing on vacation. It was an early morning starting at 5am but ending with some delicious eats! Here they are bait fishing- the crew takes you out to catch your bait, then you go and use that to catch the larger fish.

These are some of the guys who went fishing. AJ, Wil, Mark, and Mark Alan. We were all on vacation together, long time family-friends! Nine out of the fourteen of us went fishing.

This was what took place when they were breaking. Doesn't look like much of a break to me! My brother is on the left and Clay is on the right. I won't tell you who won!


Pulling up a red snapper...


Two of the fish that were caught...I guess they are kissing?


Here is all the fish caught in one days work. Or should I say play? They caught red snapper, amberjack, grouper, and a bonita. Bonita is not for eats, but the rest is absolutely delicious. After they were all cleaned, we ended up with 60 lbs. of meat. I'd say that's pretty darn good!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow! That's a lot of fish! Do you enjoy cleaning them?

Anonymous said...

I watched my uncle clean fish and I would not want to do that job. It looks like you all had a lot of fun. I LOVE the beach.

Justin said...

No Eat A Bonita!!!!!!!!!!

The Hillebrands said...

I have cleaned fish before, not that big though. Can't say I enjoy it. :) But the charter people clean them for you, which is nice because they are much faster.