Friday, July 31, 2009

Birthday Boys

Happy Birthday AJ and Jim! Ok, so I'm a few days late, but they are still one year older. Their birthdays are a few days apart, but it was nice to celebrate them together. Jim is 30 yrs older than AJ. Can anyone guess how old they are? The candles were melting in the birthday cake, so we decided to sing to them while they just held the candles. I know, you have to wait for the cake to cool before inserting candles. But we were all so eager to get our lips around the delicious cake. I'm not a huge cake fan, but I must say this is one of the best cakes I have had. Anyone care for butterscotch? I stole a recipe from a friend because this is AJ's favorite.

We went on our first official date without Ari for AJ's birthday. All he wanted was to go see Harry Potter. We ended up having time for some dinner afterwards. A movie for two, popcorn and drink at the movie, and a dinner all less than $7. Now that's my kind of date. We had been given a movie package before Ari was born and never used it until now. I think it was 2 or 3 years since we had been to the movies. No joke. The outrageous prices for a few hours of entertainment is beside me. Even with a FREE pass it was hard finding a decent movie worth using up. That's a whole subject of its own, so I will spare you anymore feelings I have on the topic.


Last week we visited my cousin. She had her baby the same weekend as everybody else at church. Four new babies in one weekend! I think that is some kind of record. Definitely gives me the bug for another one! But until then, I'll just have to suffice with holding everyone else's. That is if Heidi will share : )


It was interesting to see how Ari would react to another baby, especially with me holding him. I must say he was very curious and interested after he realized I was paying attention to someone else. Here he is pulling on baby Nolan's shirt after he pet his head a few times.

No comments: