Wednesday, August 12, 2009

In memory of...

our special day, here are some pics that captured our memories two years ago from yesterday.

For special occasions, we used to get each other cards. AJ would get the card that hardly said anything and then he would write a book in it. I, on the other hand, would buy a card that said it all and just sign my name. Since my husband has put up with my antics for a while now, I must say a little something just for him. (I am a terrible communicator, if you haven't already guessed that by the way I write my posts!)

So here goes the something...Marrying my best friend has brought more joy to my life than I ever knew he could. It's funny how we are extremely different people than when we first met and fell in love...even different than on our wedding day, but that as we grow and change, it somehow just brings us closer. I can not attribute it to anything more than our relationship with Christ. Without Him in our life, leading it, our "outlook" on life would be very different. Even though it's been a mere two years, I cannot explain how He has transformed our hearts. We are both a work in progress (and have a very long way to go!), but at least we have each other to encourage one another. I am looking forward to what God has planned for us...but in the meantime I will celebrate what He has given us.



Thanks AJ for loving me...for letting me put the thermostat at 76 degrees all year long...for killing all the spiders...for letting me get Annie :)...and for working so hard so I can stay at home. I love you more than you'll ever know!

5 comments:

Heidi Stone said...

What a sweet tribute to your hubby! :)


spenilm

Extraordinary Ordinary Life said...

You two are so adorable. What a wonderful tribute to your husband. This is better than a card because we get to all read how great your hubby is.

Amy's Anecdotes said...

Great post! I hope you have a great 2nd Anniversary. We just celebrated our 3rd yesterday...I keep forgetting ours are only a day apart:)

Justin said...

AJ's new name will now be hubby. I am Justin, it has been decreed, so let it be.

Sarah said...

Wow! Look how much your lives have changed in 2 years! What a sweet post. I loved looking at the pictures of your wedding and remebering what a nice day it was! Especially the picture of AJ and Mary...Abigail used to love to eat lunch with her on Tuesday mornings at Bible study. She'd always share her egg salad sandwiches with her.