Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Forgiven

Forgiven by Sanctus Real is a new favorite for me.

"I dont have to carry the weight of who I've been because I'm forgiven..."

This song has really resonated with me as of recent. I was listening to KLove and there was a listener who called in to request a song that made an impression on her the day she came to know the Lord, two years ago today. I don't know my anniversary to the day, because I was pretty young. But I still find it amazing how my life has changed the last few years because I recommitted. And now, because I have been forgiven (over and over)...I don't have to carry the weight of who I've been before that (or even now sometimes). There is no other way to describe those days, the days where I was living a double life, one foot in and one foot out, except for blind. I cannot express how much my eyes have been opened and how much I want to share that openness with others.

I have been forgiven because of who He was.

I have been forgiven because of who He is.

I have been forgiven because of what He always will be.

I have been forgiven because He died.

I have been forgiven because He rose.

and I have been forgiven because He was sent to be our Savior.

Christmas is more meaningful these days. Now that I'm not so blind. Our Savior was born for a purpose. For me. And for you. And because he did that for us, we should bring glory to Him in all we do.

I Cor. 10:31 says "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God."

No comments: