Thursday, January 21, 2010

gray hairs

I'm too young to get gray hairs!

So I actually haven't found one,yet...but after this past week I'm sure I'll find some soon. There's nothing worse than your child getting hurt and seeing him cry out in pain...with blood. Yesterday he was pulling himself up next to a chair and slipped and fell. In the process he hit his budding teeth and took a chunk out of the wooden chair. I thought for sure he would have teeth now, after that little mishap. But somehow his gums have already healed and he doesn't notice the pain anymore. But goodness, the kid sure knows how to scare the livin' daylights out of someone.

And as if what happened last Thursday wasn't enough excitement for a whole week. I was dropping off something at a friends house on my way to work, and my dog,  yes my dog, managed to step on the lock button and lock me out. With the car running. And Ari in his car seat. I am so thankful that Debbie was home and not still sleeping. With several phone calls and about a 30 minute wait, the cop finally showed and got me in. Poor Ari cries every time I get out of the car now, terrified that I might leave him stranded inside the car while I stand outside and just smile and wave while he cries his eyes out.

The sad thing is I know this is only the beginning of mishaps to cause gray hairs. Years from now I probably won't remember these little things because he will have other stories by then to scare me with. And of course, more gray hairs.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Is this why you weren't at playgroup this morning? Too much stress for one week!

Lindsey said...

Those are some pretty crazy stories! Bet you're ready for a quiet weekend!:)

Heidi Stone said...

Ok, I'm sure that car incident was traumatizing for you both, but....it's a little funny too. You have to admit. :)


froulic