Tuesday, February 23, 2010

valentine's tradition

Every year since we've been married we have made a few things tradition for Valentine's weekend. We don't buy gifts, but instead we splurge and go out to eat to my favorite little place, Cafe Patachou, and buy fresh flowers at the place next door.


Just makes me want spring to be here all the more!


We like to get away for a night so we go to Lake Monroe and stay on a friends boat. This is where we like to spend most of our summer weekends, but it is so quiet and peaceful during the winter that we like to go at least once.

But first we made a stop at Pizza Hut for dinner. (A great place for Valentine's dinner if I do say so myself!)


We were unaware that the heat hadn't been working while we were off at dinner, so we had to make do for a little while in front of the oven.


This was his favorite spot in the boat. I can see a future captain!


I think this was my favorite part of all, the drive home.

I had never seen the whole lake frozen over before.

It was so snowy you could barely see the land on the other side.


Back home again where it is sunny and 76!







7 comments:

Andy and Cari said...

76?| #!%$@|%@???
Goodness...no wonder Ari is always in his diaper!

Katy said...

ditto Cari...
:)

Anonymous said...

what a sweet tradition! I love Patachou!

Anonymous said...

I think they don't realize how cold you are Angel. I always try to turn up our heat before you come over because I love you.

The Hillebrands said...

Haha, thanks Gretchen. It's true!

Katy said...

more power (heat!) to ya Angel :)
I was grateful for the front-incubator during pregnancy...but now I'm back to sweatshirts.

Cari and I have husbands who would would positively melt at 76...

Cristi Jo said...

I was also caught off guard at the 76! We keep our heat at 60... we have space heaters to help, but it's usually fairly cool around here!