Saturday, February 18, 2012

my valentine week

It's no secret that my all time favorite place to eat is Patachou. It brings back fun memories from college where we use to frequent and then visit the little flower shop next door.  We went the Saturday before Valentine's and decided to go downtown because the one near Butler is a little bit farther. (further? farther?) Whatever. Now we have made it our annual "Valentine" tradition...and oh how I wish it was time to go back again. Sigh.


I think it's fun to bring along the kids. We don't eat out very often so it is also a special occasion for them. Well, for Ari. Evangeline could care less.


Although she did have a blast sitting there sucking on some paper while we devoured our crescent french toast, omelet, fresh fruit, and cinnamon toast. They have the best coffee and I'm pretty sure my eye was twitching by the time we left because I had downed more than I normally drink in an entire month. But that's another story.


Ari thinks he can get away with doing certain things, such as eating paper, because his sister does.


Valentine's Day was full of watching kids. My friend had her fifth child so we had the rest of them for 24 hours. Even though it was a busy 24 hours, it was a lot of fun. Have I ever mentioned I love kids? I could have a zillion. Ok, maybe not a zillion. But I guess that's also another story for another day.


 It snowed some that morning but the rest of the week warmed up enough that we were able to take several walks around the block. My baby is getting so big that he doesn't ask to be carried or to ride in the stroller anymore. Instead he wants to run the whole way around the block. He is usually 10 feet ahead of us yelling "Run with me! Run with me!"


This next picture was not from this week, but it just warms my heart. Aren't they a pair!



No comments: