Wednesday, February 29, 2012

oh glorious day

Have you ever had one of those days where you think things just can't get any better? Well today is one of those days. Sorta.



I can officially say this little bambina is sleeping through the night. I REPEAT: SHE'S SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT!


This past weekend AJ and I decided to just let her cry through the night and see what happens. Saturday night she cried on and off but always fell back asleep. Nothing horrible. We woke up Sunday morning like new people! I felt like I was on vacation or something. Sunday and Monday we did the same and she did great. A little more crying Monday night but always went back to sleep. All three of those nights I did feed her at 5 and she would go right back to sleep until 8. But last night she slept from 8:30p until 7:30a. 
It. Was. Glorious. 


Then she napped for almost 3 hours. That is also unheard of for her. But while she napped Ari and I basted in the glorious sun.


We soaked it all in. No shoes. No jacket. No food. Oh wait, scratch that. There's always food! We picnicked. And it was glorious.


It's only 2p and this day just doesn't seem like it could get any better. It doesn't take much to cherish days like these, but in reality there is one day that will out do all these days put together. I am looking forward to the day that my Savior returns. 

1 Thessalonians 4:16-18
For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.
Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words.

Now that will be the most glorious day of all! Are you ready?

3 comments:

Katy said...

Yea for some great nights!

Anna said...

I 2nd Katy's comment, congrats on the great nights! I TOTALLY understand and am so happy for you!

Extraordinary Ordinary Life said...

And yet another one of my prayers answered. I can write this one down in my prayer journal. Plus that girl is just so cute I could eat her up.