Saturday, February 25, 2012

an ordinary day

Besides all the toys that get drug out during Ari's free play, he likes to use the couch for entertainment. We are not big tv people so sitting down to watch cartoons is a privilege and usually has to be earned. There are a few exceptions, such as Saturday morning where he can watch something while I make pancakes or on occasion in the morning if one child got up too early and mama needs a little extra time to wake up in the morning. But generally the tv is off and he is content playing with his toys. I also have chores for him to do so he stays pretty busy.


By lunchtime my living rooms looks like this. While Evangeline takes her morning nap, Ari and I will either do some preschool activity such as working on his numbers, spelling, or painting. This is not very structured at all and I am working on getting it more organized so I can start doing stuff with him daily.


In between the diaper changes, feedings, book readings, building blocks or whatever, I try to multitask in the kitchen. Sometimes I will have Ari help me and he really enjoys learning where food comes from and what ingredients make our meals. This particular day I was making short ribs in one crock pot and homemade yogurt in the one under the towel. I used this tutorial here. I try to make our dinner in pieces throughout the day so I am not scrambling to get it all together in the last hour before AJ gets home. That is usually the most hectic part of the day when neither kid is napping, they are both getting hungry and just in general more needy.


This little miss hangs out with me while Ari naps. Sometimes their naps overlap and I either nap, do dishes or laundry, blog, or cook. She gets bored of me spoon feeding her so I have started giving the rest of her food to her on her tray. Then she will gobble the rest up.


By the time AJ gets home Ari can't wait to recruit him for some special time with daddy.

No comments: