Friday, August 24, 2012

5 years

It's amazing how fast time goes by. It seems like almost yesterday we were running down the aisle, ready to celebrate the ultimate commitment we made to each other forever.


But now we spend our days running around with our kids, wondering how they could already be so big.


When we were on our honeymoon, we decided to come back to Cabo for our five year anniversary. We laugh at that thought now because we were young and had no idea what life would be like five years down the road. Vacation in Mexico was probably a one time thing. But I am ok with that if it means I have little ones to be taking care of instead.


We love the life we have lived, but are looking forward to what God has in store for us the next coming years. I love my husband. He loves me, respects me, supports me, and we are very like-minded. He is easy to get along with and works very hard for our family in all areas of his life. He is the leader of our family and he takes it seriously. Our children have the best example to look up to. I just love him.

 

 Our anniversary fell on a Saturday this year and we got out for a few hours and went to Chang's. We only go there once or twice a year so I was not going to pass up the opportunity! Being pregnant with our third, I was not feeling well and did not feel up to doing much of anything. We ended up taking a walk on the canal (which was much prettier than I remembered) and heard a drum line playing.


We stopped by to see and there was a band competition going on. We were glued to this drum line in particular and stayed to watch until they were all done practicing. They were so talented! It was a fun night to get out for a bit but we missed the kids and decided to go get them. 


We love spending time together, but spending time with our kids is what we enjoy most. They are so much fun and bring us so much joy. We are looking forward to #3 being here in February!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Congratulations! May the Lord continue to bless your marriage.