Saturday, August 11, 2012

life has been crazy

Since AJ's been back from his trip, life has not slowed down one bit. My grandpa passed away the day before AJ got home, so all last week was full of planning a funeral and getting things ready for that. We spent all weekend with family and enjoying all the memories we had with him. My grandpa was young, and he was the first to go out of all four of my grandparents. But saying goodbye isn't as hard when we know it's more like "see you later". We are thankful he is not suffering anymore. He wanted everyone to know how God changed his life, and more importantly how believing in Jesus Christ as your Savior could change yours.


This week has been full of fighting off colds, visiting my grandma before she heads back to Florida, and some meetings that we had at church. We are still waiting for life to slow down a bit, but I'm starting to wonder if that will really happen.


We were also able to squeeze in some time with a dear friend of mine and her son. Thanks for coming to visit Laura!


The weather has finally cooled down some that we were able to go outside and actually enjoy it.


Ari is going to play soccer this fall. He is so excited and wants to practice all the time.


With the unbelievable amount of heat we have had this summer, I almost forgot what it was like to be cold outside. I don't wish the summer away, but it was nice to finally have a break from the heat.


These two did an awesome job of putting up with mommy while daddy was away. We are going to have another baby and that was the most challenging part of AJ being away. Being a single mom for two weeks...no problem. Being a single mom for two weeks who could barely function because of nausea...well, there just aren't words to describe that. But we survived thanks to AJ's parents and lots of caring friends who had us over. 


We are so excited for this new little one and are thankful for all the moments I have spent over the toilet. :) It has not been easy but I am comforted by that because the baby is probably doing well. I am in the 11th week which puts me due February 28. We are all looking forward to that second trimester!

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Very excited for you! :) So many babies!

Anna said...

YEAH!!!! Congrats!!! I totally understand not feeling great during the pregnancies. #3 was the toughest for me. I will pray for you (along with the other prego mommies) to feel better and have the strength to get through it because it is SOOO worth it:) Miss you guys - please accept my "long distance" hug of congrats!

Lea said...

Congrats on #3. You will love having 3! I do!