Friday, August 31, 2012

the fair

If you're wondering why it has taken me so long to blog again, just remember I'm pregnant. My memory has left me and I honestly didn't think I had anything to blog about. That is until I looked on the camera and saw pictures from the fair! How could I forget that we took pictures at the fair?! I honestly thought I had mentioned in a previous post about us going to the fair, but didn't have any pictures to go with it.

Neither of those were the case. So here is my very late post on our trip to the fair.


Please note that the only picture of myself is when I was eating. Yes, that is a foot long corn dog folks. It was either get the smaller version, or risk needing more food in an hour and being hangry. Trust me, that is a word. I saw it on Pinterest.


We didn't spend a lot of time looking at the animals, but we did enjoy the ones we came across. Even if they weren't real.


Our favorite part is always the little farm area where kids get to walk through the process of how food is grown, picked (or milked), and sold at a supermarket in return for money. Then he gets to turn in the money for a snack. 


Last year he needed some assistance making it all the way around, but this year he was cruising all by himself.


Evangeline really didn't have a care in the world. She just wanted out of the stroller and to be able to run around.



Since we entered the fairgrounds, all Ari kept talking about were the rides. He had never been on them before, but since we were given free ride tickets we thought we'd check it out.


I am a non-ride person. It makes me so nervous, even when it's not me on there. To see my little baby want to do something so crazy was beside me. Even the Ferris wheel makes me nervous. This one in particular was not your normal one. It went zooming around so fast I couldn't keep track of which bucket they were sitting in. Nonetheless, he still enjoyed it.


Next he rode the bee. Thankfully he has a father who gladly rides with him. Otherwise this kid would never get to ride anything.


I did actually enjoy watching him go down the big slide. I can still see the huge smile on his face and the "I want to do it again!" expression when he got to the bottom. He had enough tickets to go on it three times and each time he was just as delighted as the first.

No comments: