Wednesday, September 5, 2012

siblings

These two have really bonded and it warms my heart to see them love on each other. Ari is very observant to her needs and thinks of reasons why she may be crying at times. He loves to share his food with her and usually makes sure she has a toy in hand at all times.


His nurturing side did not come natural at first, but his role as a big brother has really taken off. Of course Ari is still his old self...wanting to entertain everyone and have a party everywhere he goes. His sister has really gotten used to his wild side and sometimes she likes to partake in the party and dancing too.


You can see from this picture last year that he is just as fun today as he was then. This was September last year when I was trying to take a picture of Evangeline. He just can't help himself getting in front of the camera and being silly.


He sure does love his baby sister though...despite taking all the picture glory.


Looking back at pictures from a year ago, I came across this one of our little girl. Oh my, has she changed!


How is it that she is so big now? Once she hit a year old her personality has really come out. Instead of a shy, timid chunky thing (who was very attached to her momma)...she waves to strangers now, is more comfortable away from mommy, and has definitely thinned out.


Even though it took Ari a while to adjust to being nurturing, I am confident that Evangeline will come by it more naturally with the next baby. She really is a love bug and wants to care for other babies she sees. Oh how a year can fly by, but yet hold so many changes.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

So sweet! That is how Christian is with Jeremiah, and I love it! It melts my heart. Sometimes I think that is what God must feel like when we are being loving to others. Hope you are doing well! I love that you have a blog so I can watch your little ones grow up, even though we don't ever see eachother :)