Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Update on Baby #3

I had an ultrasound on Monday and everything looked great! We are proud to announce we are having a girl! We were very confident that it was going to be a girl, based on how I had been feeling. This pregnancy has been so similar to Evangeline's with all the nausea and such that we would have been shocked if it was a boy. Either way though we would have been happy. We are just thrilled that most everything looked normal. I say most everything because there was a small spot on the brain that showed up, but generally those go away over time. Evangeline had the same thing and hers was gone by the next month's appointment. No biggie!


We really wanted to find out the gender for the sake of a name. If it was a girl, we were going to need lots of time to find a name. But a boy we already had covered since before Evangeline was born. Maybe next time we will have a little Lincoln. :) So the name hunt officially begins. We are always open to hearing suggestions!


The last week or so I have felt some little kicks, but during the ultrasound she was so active but I barely felt any of those. I will be 18 weeks tomorrow so I imagine the next few weeks will bring a lot of change in that area and also in the way I look. I'm ready to finally look pregnant with an (obvious) baby bump!

This little lady was sitting indian style and was moving her arm up by her head. She is still so tiny but it's amazing what technology can see.


I'm hoping once October hits that this pregnancy will speed up some. When other people are pregnant it seems that their pregnancies fly by! Staying busy through the holidays should help. My brother has a birthday at the end of February so it will be fun to see when this baby decides to come! 

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Hooray for another little girl! :) Congrats!

Anna said...

Yeah! Congrats on your new baby girl!