Monday, February 4, 2013

some (overdue) projects

I've finally gotten around to cleaning the grout between our tile. I really had no idea how bad it was until I started doing it. I had cleaned it before with white vinegar and it seemed to work well. But then I decided to see what some baking soda and water would do.


Seriously. It's like I have a whole new floor! You can see the part I hadn't cleaned yet next to the nice white grout. It's amazing, well and gross at the same time. But still, amazing!


Another overdue project was to replace the fabric on our kitchen chairs.


You see...this table and chairs were given to us before we had children and they came with fabric cushions. Extremely comfortable, but not conducive to little ones eating yogurt on...or anything really.



These chairs have been through the ringer the last four years and were in desperate need of a redo. I had a major hold up for the longest time because I could not find fabric that I thought would work. But then my husband had a brilliant idea.



Our duvet on our bed needed to be replaced because of a growing hole in it, but I could not let go of it for the life of me because it was the perfect duvet. After about 6 months of looking for a new duvet we found one and finally replaced the old one. So...his idea was to use the old duvet to cover the chairs. I tell you...my husband is a genius! We also added a clear vinyl over the top so there will be easy clean-ups after meals. No more stains. No more stress.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Sounds like some nesting is going on! :)

Angel said...

I wish it was nesting...this is just what happens when I procrastinate :)