Wednesday, February 13, 2013

while we wait

Life has been going on like normal while we wait for baby to arrive. My kids still enjoy Wednesdays with their cousins.


Ari has taken on the roll as "coach". He spent lots of time running around and showing Elias how to play football.



Ari still continues to be a ham. He wants his picture taken, but then proceeds to make the silliest faces. It's hard to get him to be serious. (I think I took about 5 above before getting that one.) But I suppose those pictures capture his personality the most. He's excited for Selah to be here soon. He is constantly asking if certain things "hurt" Selah. When I was working on our tile floor, I was scrubbing it with a toothbrush and he asked if it hurt my belly to sit like that. I just laughed because I'm sure I looked extremely uncomfortable. He will give her hugs and tell her he loves her.


I'm always finding Evangeline with something on her head. The "hat" above is a knitted sleep sack for the baby. The one below is a t-shirt for a Build-A-Bear. She doesn't necessarily think she's being silly either, she will just randomly wear different things on her head as if they were supposed to be there all along.


Her favorite time of day is when daddy gets home and they get to play on our bed. She loves to balance and walk up and down the edge (with assistance of course).


We still have two weeks until I'm due. An ultrasound from two weeks ago showed that she was about 6 lbs 12 oz already, so I'm not concerned about her being too small. My other kids were 8 lbs and 8 lbs 5 oz. so it will be interesting to see if she will be any bigger. I haven't had any contractions but she is extremely wild in there so I am always concerned that she is turning. The ultrasound showed her head down, but none of her movements are in the same place and neither are her hiccups. Some days I have fake contractions all the time and other days I don't have any. She seems pretty high right now so I'm not anticipating anything happening this week. Of course we are looking forward to her being here the most, but as far as not being pregnant anymore...I think I am most excited about not waking up at night to a full bladder every few hours. I also feel like I move as slow as a slug, it will be nice to be mobile again!


 

2 comments:

Sarah said...

sLooking forward to seeing pictures of your new addition...when she arrives :) In the meantime, it's fun to look at pictures of the other kids. They're growing up so fast!

Katy said...

Was thinking about you... at my appointment today, Sherry said she delivered 5 babies this weekend! Getting closer...