Tuesday, February 26, 2013

still waiting

The car seat has been a big hit with these two.


Ari kept reassuring me that he was so comfy he would just take his nap in there.


Life gets more exciting when daddy is home. As you can see I was not going to volunteer to get inside the tunnel.


It's been a while since we had the paint out. This was Evangeline's first time painting and I think they both preferred using their hands instead of the brushes.



It's always fun to spend time with cousin Owen, or as Evangeline says "O-wo".


Her pacifier is going to be the end of me. I'm sure of it. She is only allowed to have it in bed for nap or nighttime so she likes to "pretend sleep" all over the house in hopes to get away with it elsewhere.


Can you guess what he built here? 


He definitely has his moments where he likes to push her buttons, but for the most part he is a sweet big brother. I could hear him in the other room asking Evangeline if she wanted to be rocked. I wasn't sure this was going to end well so when I went to take a peak they were happily rocking away.


This girl means business when she says she is ready to nap. Throughout the mornings she will constantly tell me "night" and want to be put down for a nap. I end up putting her down several times and she usually comes out after about 10 minutes. Even though she doesn't normally fall asleep she comes out much more pleasant. Yesterday she didn't even bother asking me to put her down. Around 11 I noticed she had been gone for a bit and when I found her she was passed out on our bedroom floor. She napped there for almost two hours.


God has answered so many prayers for us this past week. We have pretty much been quarantined these past seven days since our house got plagued with sickness. Even though having sick people for a week straight can be exhausting at times, I am so blessed that it wasn't anything worse and that we have (mostly) recovered...and that I didn't go in to labor while being sick or having sick little ones to take care of. It's the worst feeling to have sick kids and not be able to comfort them. During all the sickness, we also had a (what seemed to be) major water leak that was coming through our ceiling fan in the living room. It ended up being a loose bolt on a toilet and no major plumbing repairs needed! Praise God!

No comments: