Friday, December 10, 2010

Ari's Antics

Ari has been saying the most funny things lately. I wish I could remember them all, but within the last week here is what I can recall. These probably won't be as funny since you can't hear his little voice, but I at least wanted to note them before I forget them all.

He is constantly putting his face in dark places and saying "It's dark in here". The other night we ran a few errands and he insisted on wearing his sunglasses. Since the sun had already gone down, it was obviously dark out. But since he had to wear his sunglasses into Hobby Lobby and Bed, Bath, and Beyond, he noted every time we got outside and every time we went in the store that it was "dark in here". He got a few compliments on his glasses.

When he hears a noise that he does't know the name for, he simply states "noise". This ranges from sounds he hears outside, to sounds that come from bodily functions. He is so serious when he says it, it's like he wants you to recognize that he heard it.

He doesn't know who santa is, so when he first saw decorations in a store he would just say "a man", now he has somehow turned into a snowman and that's what he calls him. I don't have any plans to correct him.

We were eating noodles the other night and all of a sudden he bursts out saying "Praise the Lord!". AJ and I look over and his noodles are in the shape of a cross. We just looked at each other and were completely speechless. We have never explained what a cross stands for so it was amazing to see him associate praising the Lord with a cross.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

I laughed out loud at each story. I love it!

Extraordinary Ordinary Life said...

Wow, that is amazing - about the cross. Love that little guy!e

Sarah said...

Ari is such a sweet little boy. Christian REALLY wants to go play with him again. It's getting ridiculous. He asks me at least 4 times a week if he can go to Ms. Pat's.