Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Christmas Party's

The holiday party that AJ's bank hosts is the most fun outing of the year. Our first date (seven years ago) was to such party and so it holds a special part in our heart of remembering where we were sevens years ago to where we have come today.

The night started off better than usual-our waiter asked me if I was old enough to drink in which I smiled and said "yes I am but I am pregnant and will have to pass" (although I would have passed on that anyway!). I don't know if it was because I looked younger or because he didn't notice I was 19 weeks pregnant. Then we had a delicious dinner, had our caricature done, then off to play some black jack (with fake money). The fake money is cashed in at the end and turned in to the appropriate amount of raffle tickets in which you can choose from a hundred gifts to win. We ended up winning a membership to the zoo with 2 additional guests! I was astounded and so glad we were able to come home with a such a nice gift.

AJ has worked there nine years and they have always treated their employees great. They like to show appreciation to the employees and make that night so special for everyone. When we left it had already started to snow and our view from the top of the parking garage was just breath-taking.


Then Saturday morning came and it was time to bake all day long. AJ and Ari went to breakfast with Jim at Denny's and had a great bonding time.


Cookie Day is something my aunt started with us cousins when we were young. Now that we are starting families and having kids, we thought it would be fun to continue the tradition with them. We seriously baked cookies from 9:30 am until 7pm.


Ari had a blast helping and of course sneaking a cookie here and there off of our table.

This picture does not do it justice (maybe a picture of my hips would) the amount of cookies we made, consumed, and still have left lingering for us to finish off. We usually make these right before Christmas so we have them for Christmas Day, but since we all have very busy schedules we had to fit it in when we could.

I had to throw in this picture of my sister-in-law and her daughter Lynlee who will be celebrating the big 1 in just a few short weeks!

No comments: