Monday, January 10, 2011

the new babe...

I am 24 weeks now and have not really posted about the new babe to come. To be completely honest, I didn't have any information to post until this week because everything was up in the air for so long (such as due date, gender, doctor, etc.). But if you are at all interested, I have included it in this post.

I officially have a due date of 5.2.11. Based on how they normally set due dates, mine would have been 4.16.11. Yes, I know. Two weeks is a big difference but I knew it would at least be the last week of April because I ovulated late. So an early ultrasound has made a new guess that the baby should be due around the beginning of May.

I have switched doctor offices and will have my first official appointment this Friday with a mid-wife. I intended on switching long ago but I had reasons to believe that our insurance would be changing as of January 2011. Since it did not, I finally was able to make this switch. This will be the 3rd (different) OB office I have visited within the last 9 months. Hopefully there will be no more change!

And last not but least...we have evidence (or lack thereof!) that says we will be welcoming a baby girl into the family. We had zero intentions to find out this soon, but I couldn't help but get excited when my doctor last week referred to the baby as a boy, multiple times. I was confused, mostly, because I wasn't sure if she meant to refer to a specific gender, and also because I was convinced from the beginning that I was having a girl. But since I didn't want to ask in fear of finding out the truth, I waited until AJ got home from work to open the envelopes that contained the answer from two different ultrasounds.

If it were a boy, I'd be happy to share the name. However, since it is a girl (so they say) I will have to refrain until we are 100% that the name isn't going to change.

My belly is probably twice as big now compared to when I was 24 weeks with Ari. I am (surprisingly!) still wearing my regular pants, but have a feeling it won't be much longer until I have to give in to those stretchy things (that make me cringe!). Or maybe I've just been missing out and I'll have a change of heart and fall in love with them and want to wear them 24/7. Who knows. Time will only tell.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Congrats on your new blessing...boy or girl, who cares! Ari is such a sweet little guy, I'm certain this little one will be just as sweet!

Lea said...

Congrats! SO excited for you! Jamie's due date was May 2nd & she came early on April 15th! Can't wait to meet this little one!!

Katy said...

Yea for growing babies! And c'mon...embrace the maternity pants! :)

Erin H said...

Yay! I can't wait to have a niece! I'm with Katy...embrace the maternity pants. Heck, sometimes I wish I had a pair for events such as Thanskgiving dinner and buffets. ;)