Monday, January 3, 2011

things he says

I love it when kids mispronounce words or have their own version of the word. I started making a mental list of Ari's because he doesn't have that many. He speaks very clearly for a two year old and despite the fact he puts sentences together and says long words like "decorations", "armadillo", and "quacamole", he still has a few words that he doesn't say quite right. He also has a short list of words he knows in Spanish, such as nino, hola, gracias, adios, and abeula. I believe that comes from Dora or Diego. Here's the list I can think of.

His version vs. What he means to say

da-y=daddy
good boy bed=big boy bed
bapper=diaper
stirfy=thirsty
hummingbrand=hillebrand
breza=zebra
sorry I HONK the baby!= "sorry I woke the baby!"(a saying from a Veggie Tales song that he sings at the top of his lungs)
a quarter is worth 21 cents, not 25
hu-mon=come on (usually saying this while he grabs your hand to lead you to his toys)

I have graduated from momma to mommy now. I hope I don't graduate to just mom any time soon!

We have been working on potty training (not consistently-oops!), but when we do he does great. Although...after a little while of not wearing a diaper he goes around whining for his "clean bapper". He has tried to put it back on himself. I can't say I blame him, it's got to be a little drafty! We haven't made the switch to his big boy bed yet because we didn't want to potty train, change rooms, and change beds all at once. Besides, he really likes his bed and prefers to still sleep in the crib. He has never attempted to crawl out and usually runs up to it and asks to take his nap. I'm not ready for him to grow up so fast...although I have enjoyed each stage more and more. He is SO much fun right now, it's hard to imagine it could get any better than this.

No comments: