Thursday, September 15, 2011

fun-filled weekend

For several weeks now Ari has been talking about his upcoming birthday. To say he is excited would be an understatement. Even though he has several weeks until his celebration, he was able to celebrate his friends birthday this past weekend. Since the party, he has requested goody bags for his birthday. You can see how excited he was to receive this at Miss M's party.



Here is AJ and Connie with the girls. It will be fun when they are old enough to run around and play. (They are already growing up too quickly so I don't wish that to come any sooner!)


Here's the birthday girl in all her glory. Ari was right by her side through it all. No really, he was practically sitting on her lap when she was opening presents. Like I said...he's really excited about his birthday. Gretchen and I get a good laugh at their relationship. She is a little bossy and Ari goes with the flow. Earlier in the summer she was over swimming (they were both in the pool freezing) so Ari decided to get out and play in the sprinkler. She told him no he didn't want to do that, he wanted to keep swimming and he stopped right in his tracks said "ok!" and came back to freeze some more in the pool. It was cute. So before we went to her party AJ was asking Ari if he liked to be bossed by Miss M and his response was this "Yes! But not by mommy." I guess it always sounds better when coming from someone other than a parent.


Saturday night was also fun because we got to spend it with Rob and Carly. I think this might be our first group shot. AJ and Rob have been training for an upcoming athletic event for the bank they work at. And let me tell you...they are stinkin' fast. They each can run 200 meters in less than 30 seconds. Yes, I am proud of him as you can see, but I am even more in awe. My body doesn't even recognize what a "sprint" is. It only goes one speed. It's called slow.


I will leave you with some random sayings from Ari.

"Don't take monies out my pocket"- sitting at the dinner table, not even talking about money

"I'm not Ari, I'm Jacob"- in response to me asking him to do something

"I'm a good boy like John the Baptist"

He also likes to pretend he is David with a slingshot and goes around slaying the giant.

1 comment: