Monday, May 18, 2009

Dedication and Graduation

Here are some pictures from Ari's dedication. I am so sad to admit that we didn't get a picture of just AJ, me and Ari, or other family members who came. Shame on me. But these are some of the ones we did get. What a blessing to have so much family around to witness and support the dedication. We had a lot of support from family that day: my parents, my sister, my grandparents, AJ's parents, his sister and her husband, AJ's aunt and uncle, and AJ's grandpa.

Deutoronomy 6:5-9
"Love the Lord your God with all your heart with all your mind and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates."

My grandparents are on the right. They are in town from Florida and this is their first great-grandchild! Great grandchildren #2 and #3 will be here in June and December.

Here we are praying and Ari just so happened to find the camera! AJ's grandpa was also there, another great-grandparent!

My brother also graduated that day from IUPUI. I'm so proud of him!

This is at his party. My grandpa, brother, and my dad.


AJ and I just hanging out. It was pretty cold that day!


My grandparents with Ari at the graduation. Since they live in Florida, this was the first time they got to see him in person. They will be here until the end of June, for when my cousin has her baby. (We are secretly hoping she is late so they will have to stay longer!) Not that I would wish anyone to have to carry a child much longer than their due date, but seriously, we only see them once a year! AJ and I are actually planning a trip to visit them in September, so they will get to see Ari before next year.


I am so happy to have my grandparents around still. Growing up I new my great-grandparents very well, until they passed away when I was in middle school. My grandparents have always been close to us kids and I am so thankful for them spending so much time with us growing up. My hope is that they will always be around, but I know one day they will go to be with the Lord, but until then that my child(ren) will get to enjoy them as much as I have.

No comments: