Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Mini Vacation

I love the 80's! Ok, let me make that more clear. I love the weather in the 80's, not the decade. Anyway, this weekend we got to spend lots of time enjoying the awesome weather on the lake. AJ took Friday off work so we could spend some time together before heading south. We went to my favorite restaurant for breakfast, Cafe Patachou. I have mentioned it before, but seriously people, if you have not yet visited...you need to! We went to the one downtown this time, instead of going up to 49th and Pennsylvania. A little different atmosphere, but same tasty food.


We walked around downtown for a while until I had to go to work. Only for a few hours though.


There were lots of horses downtown getting ready for the Memorial Day parade. One gentleman asked if Ari wanted to ride the horse! We were so exstatic because we were just talking about how fun it would be to get a picture of Ari with his first horse experience.

You can tell how thrilled he was! Ok, maybe not thrilled but just trying to figure out what he was doing all the way up there.

We then went down to Lake Monroe and spent the rest of the weekend there until Monday evening. It was way too sunny for Ari. But he did enjoy playing in the Kentucky Hot Tub, aka baby pool. That picture must be on a different camera.


Time to nap on top of the boat! Ari had a lot of daddy time this weekend while I layed out and warmed in the sun. Thanks baby for a great birthday! To top it all off we had homemade ice cream. And if you have never had that...you must try that as well. Come on over and I'll make you some!


Thanks Mark and Judy for such a nice and relaxing weekend at the boat!

2 comments:

Cristi Jo said...

My parents got me an ice cream maker for my birthday and I just made my first batch this morning - LOVE IT! We'll have to share recipes sometime!

Extraordinary Ordinary Life said...

Okay well we will be over soon for some homemade ice cream. Just know you may have to make a lot. Looks like you all had a lot of fun!